Our Primary Kids




As I learn more and more about my children and about being their mom, I realize how

important it is to teach them what is right. They are faced with challenges that I cannot even comprehend. They have come here to earth to prove their righteousness and it is my job to provide part of that experience. I hope that as I take on 2010 I will be mindful of this challenge and give them what they deserve.

Below is a letter from my mom's ward's Primary president. She sums up my feelings in a much more creative way then I could:

"We have great kids in Oceanside Third! For those of you not in the know, our local rising generation is filled with generals, captains, and commanders of the Lord's army. These children face many challenges at a much younger and more tender age than did those in previous generations. They meet these obstacles face on. I see and hear the trials they face, and I am so proud of their faith in Christ, their honesty, and the love they demonstrate in their daily lives. They love the gospel and are happy to talk to their friends about their beliefs. I know that each child in our Primary without exception has tremendous ability to do good things and accomplish much in their lives.
Lastly, I would like to touch briefly on the importance of Primary in our church. We need Primary-not just for the kids, but for the adults, as well. Primary workers preach the gospel every week. We are immersed in it. If it has been a while since you've been in Primary, I invite you to stop by. There is a unique happy energy in Primary that does not exist anywhere else; it is the energy of young life-that youth of the noble birthright. These children may rely on us now, but it is truly we who need them." Michelle Randall

I hope we can all find it in our hearts to be a little more kind, a little more responsible and a little more loving of our "little people".

No comments:

Post a Comment