the toddler years you may not want to read this entry.
This week was a typical toddler week.....on top of my other life duties. The week started off with the water pump on my car going out and we had to get by with one car (that is never fun). Then, in the middle of the week I had to start the process of fixing an old root canal that now needs a crown (aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh). That night we were able to get my car back but by then Hanna had such a long day of being carted all over she was beyond cranky in the ride to the mechanic and back home. By Thursday Cali had been home for 3 days from school and I was tired from dealing with a sick child all day/night, a typical curious toddler and all my other daily jobs. I took Cali to Target to get some stuff she needed for a homework assignment and while there Hanna fell out of the cart. She ironically did this 2 minutes after a Target worker had told her to be careful in the cart or she would fall. She was screaming of course and I'm sure in a lot of pain. At that point I just wanted to hit "fast forward" on my life remote and get to next week because I was done with this one. So, bottom line toddlers are cute and fun but only if you have nothing else to do all day except entertain them and tend to their every need and want.
This example may not sound like anything big or serious but mind you I have left out a lot of details of the week. I only included the big events that make it challenging to please a toddler while dealing with life. I love my kids and adore Hanna right now for her cute fun self..... despite my grumbles.
Having a child only days apart from hanna, I can totally understand and relate. It is exhausting and exhausting in a way that nothing else is. It is funny how once we put all our complaints and struggles from the week down on paper that they never look or sound as big and annoying as they felt at the time. But as you said, so many details are missed and/or forgotten. It is good to vent. It makes us better parents once we get it out :)
ReplyDelete