Election Day Nov 2012

Today is election day and is a HUGE historical event.  Obama is running to be re-elected and Mitt Romney is running as the Republican nomination.  


It finally hit me the other day how monumental today is.  Barrack paved the way for "something new" 4 years ago by being the first African-American to be voted as our country's president.  That marked a big day in history for so many reasons.  And as a nation I believe most people were accepting of that.

  Today we are being asked to make another historical decision...re-elect our current president or vote for the "mormon guy".  As you know, I have voted for the "mormon guy".   I have pondered on this decision ALOT.  I have wondered am I voting for him because he IS mormon or because I agree with his policies?  I finally came to the decision that I am voting for him because he is mormon.  He lives the same standards I do, he lives the higher law that I do, he answers to God like I do.  Therefore, if he is doing all of this faithfully then I don't need to know what his policies are or his views because through our faith I know where he stands.  

All of this thinking and pondering and watching the scriptures come alive in our modern day has made me very emotional.  I am grateful to live in this great land.  The promised land.  I am grateful to have been blessed with 4 amazing children that I KNOW are ready for the last day challenges.  I am grateful for a husband who honors this country through his service everyday.  I am grateful for how much my husband loves me and our children and that I know he would do anything for us. 
 And I am grateful that through my faith I was blessed with all of this.

I know the Lord's hand is in this day...election day 2012.
I know that Mitt Romney, former Stake President and Bishop, made it this far 
because the Lord has plans for our country.
And I know that whatever is to come of this election, 
it will be because of what the Lord saw fit for our time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment